May Day 2011

May Day 2011

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Vow: SPOILER ALERT

Yesterday, I went to see The Vow with one of my friends.  It was better than I thought it would be, considering Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum portray their most stereotyped characters.  Honestly, I am getting so tired of Rachel McAdams in these kind of roles (especially because she's starting to look too old to play someone just out of college) - I'm also getting tired of the roles Leonardo diCaprio constantly plays.

The beginning is cute; but, as both my friend and I noticed, there is no blood on Rachel McAdams' character as she crashes through the windshield, while in the hospital, her face is covered in blood.  During the scene where Leo and Paige first meet, McAdams looks the oldest she does in the movie at all, which I find distracting since she's supposed to be playing someone fairly young.  Also, the names, Leo and Paige (though I know the story's based off of a real couple), are just weird.

I do think the overall story was more original than most in the recent romance category.  It was not as sad as I thought it would be, and the acting was better on Tatum's part than I figured.

I was disappointed with the ending.  I was in the mood for a twist and was strangely/sickly hoping that the couple would get hit by a car at the end when they walk off in the snow together (in the middle of the street).  I also thought that it was confusing and stupid that a parent would be pulling his child on a sled in the middle of a street in the snow.

Overall, I do give this movie a thumbs up if you're in the mood to just have some new entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment