May Day 2011

May Day 2011

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Will Peter Pan Come Back For Me Again?

This is the final evening of my childhood, although I remember telling myself the night before school started my freshman year of high school that I would now have to enter the "adult world".  Before falling asleep that night, I remember praying/wishing that Peter Pan would come for me to take me away to Neverland so that I wouldn't have to grow up.  Just before I drifted off to sleep, I heard what sounded like a tap at my window, so I looked from my bed to said window and saw to my terror/awe a glowing light the size of a bug flying around just outside the window.  I swear to this.  For fear that it was not indeed Tinkerbell coming with Peter Pan to take me away to Neverland and instead a firefly, I did not get up and check to verify her appearance.  Instead I shed one tear and decided that I would have to grow up.

I wish I would have at least checked to qualm my suspicions, but at the same time, I'm glad I didn't.

Now that I am experiencing my final night as a minor, I wonder if Tinkerbell will visit me again?  Even if she did pay me a visit tonight, it is unlikely that I would find out because I have to stay up to finish/start 1984 (ultimate procrastination that must end in a few short minutes due to the fact that my English midterm tomorrow is solely on that novel).

Childhood flies once you start having fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love this and will need to verify indeed that said birthday girl did not float away with Tinkerbell last night when I go to awaken you with traditional ear tugs this a.m. I think I heard thunder this morning...or maybe it is just that stinkin' washer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it was thunder apparently; other peeps heard it at school.

    ReplyDelete